Here at Sonic Defiance Studios, we take pride in providing a valuable service, making the experience fun and enjoyable, being professional, and getting great results.
When purchasing, booking, scheduling services, submitting material, or contracting/working with in any manner, you are agreeing to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Scheduling and booking is subject to studio availability and project approval.
- We reserve the right to cancel or refuse a project for any reason.
- Revisions are not free, and are subject to an hourly rate.
- Payments to be made with Cash, Credit Car, PayPal, or Bitcoin (upon approval).
- Payments for any service, including, but not limited to hourly rate bookings, scheduling, services, music or other composition, revisions, etc. are to be made prior work beginning and/or providing any files.
- Pricing for bookings, scheduling, services, revisions, etc. is at the base rate negotiated, in addition to any revision requests at an hourly rate (currently $35/hr), which is subject to change without notification.
- Pricing provided on website is to attempt to provide a “ballpark estimate.” Purchasing a service without contact and approval does not obligate studio to complete or accept work. Please contact us prior to purchasing to discuss the scope of the project.
- There is a 1/2 hour minimum for all bookings, scheduling, services, revisions, etc.
- Bookings, scheduling, services, revisions, etc. that run longer than the original estimated time will be billed at an hourly rate (in 30 minuted increments) if availability allows.
- Payment in full must be made prior to receiving any files. If for any reason you do receive any files prior to making payment in full, rights to use the content in any manner (demos included) are not given.
- Any and all files given are not to be used, published, shared, etc., until payment has been received by studio in full.
- No refunds will be given after work has begun. No exceptions.
- Refunds or credits are never to exceed the amount paid for services.
- We reserve the right to issue a refund in the form of a credit for future work.
- Any refunds given will not include deductions from payment processing (fees), network fees, etc., and may incur a processing fee of their own (which is not refundable).
- In the rare case of a refund, deductions can be made at our discretion for time invested by studio.
- All content submitted for mixing is assumed to have all pre-production work complete (i.e. vocal/pitch correction, timing correction, noise reduction, performance corrections, etc.).
- If any work is planned, priced, billed, or agreed upon, etc., unresponsiveness, delays, changes in content, changes in stylistic approach, changes in mixing/sound style, etc. are subject to price changes and billing at an hourly rate. At our discretion, if it is deemed that the scope of the project, requirements, etc., differs from the description at the time of negotiation, we reserve the right to terminate or modify the agreement to fit the needs of the work required.
- Studio/editing time begins from the time you schedule your session, not when content is received (if late). If scheduling is required, we suggest sending content (i.e., stems, midi files, etc.) prior to scheduling time. Booking/scheduling fees are non-refundable if needed/requested content is not delivered at the agreed/planned time.
- Studio time ends when the engineer has completed working on your project, including, but not limited to exporting and uploading times, emailing files, etc.
- We reserve the right to terminate any contracts, projects, scheduling, revisions, etc. without refund at our discretion, for any reason, including, but not limited to: abusiveness towards our staff, slander, unprofessional behavior, rude conduct, unresponsiveness and/or abandonment from client, unrealistic expectations, stalled or delayed projects, needed material not provided, potential or suspected copyright infringement, etc.
- We reserve the right cancel and/or reschedule scheduled work or booking times.
- We reserve the right to consider a project complete at our discretion and do not assume obligation for further revision requests.
Release of Files:
- No files, demos, drafts, rough mixes, etc. will be released until payment has been received in full.
- We reserve the right to clear session data, and do not guarantee backup of project files or content, or protection from data loss or loss of work.
- We do not provide session or project files, or information about settings used.
- Because of the creative nature of studio work, opinions, different levels of performance and skill levels, gear used, rooms used, quality of content provided, etc., we do not provide a satisfaction guarantee on any work.
- We may provide time estimates for projects, revisions, completion times, etc., however time estimates, projections, etc. are never guaranteed.
- While we do offer revisions at an hourly rate, we do not guarantee availability or obligation for further and/or future revisions or to maintain a working relationship.
- We do not guarantee any financial benefits, fame, fortune, etc. for services provided.
- We do not guarantee compliance with any specific platforms.
- We do not guarantee any level of loudness.
- If there is a difference in opinions between multiple members involved with the project (concerning the direction of the project or otherwise), we reserve the right to appoint a “decision maker;” typically the person who paid for the service.
- We are not band mediators. If issues arise with members of a band we do not participate. We suggest considering having one person who is the decision maker and makes decisions for and in behalf of the band. This person should also be the main point of contact between the studio, and typically is the person who is responsible for payments and providing project content.
- We reserve the right to work on the project in the manner that we see fit.
- We do not guarantee use of specific gear, hardware, software, plugins, etc.
- We are not liable, for any reason.
- We are not responsible for losses due to deadlines.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless completely.
- You acknowledge that you have the rights to use the material provided, and are fully responsible for any legal action due to distribution in any form.
- We maintain full artistic and distributing and/or publishing or broadcasting rights for any content or intellectual property provided or created by us.
- Any work complete by us may be used for demonstration or portfolio material.
- If any parts are updated, re-recorded, need to be eliminated for any reason, etc., after mixing has started, changes and/or revisions are subject to hourly rates, availability, and willingness of the studio.